KETO KRISPY KREME DONUTS
Prep Time:15 mins
Total Time:30 mins
Course: DessertKeyword: gluten free, keto, low carb Servings: 4 donuts
- You will need a donut pan and a piping bag or ziplock bag for this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 6 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup monk fruit sweetener we like Lakanto-Golden
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
For the Donut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a donut pan. Set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl with a whisk.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil and eggs. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk until it becomes a sticky, thick dough.
- Next spoon the dough into a piping bag or ziplock to pipe the dough into the greased donut pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes , then remove from the oven and let cool.
For the Glaze:
- In shallow saucepan, combine all ingredients and whisk together.
- Let cook on medium heat for five minutes while whisking constantly.
- Once donut is slightly cooled, drop in pan of hot glaze, and coat both sides completely.
- Repeat until all donuts are coated.(If you notice glaze is starting to thicken up in pan, place back on heat for a minute or so to remelt).
- Let cool on plate. The glaze with harden a bit, creating a crunchy exterior. Enjoy!
Level: EasySubstitutes: Monk Fruit sweetener for any granulated sweetenerXanthan Gum can be omitted, although it will change the texture a bitCoconut Oil can be subbed for any oilEggs cannot be substituted in this recipeNutrition FactsServing Size 1 donutServings Per Container 4 donuts
Amount Per Serving
Calories 185Calories from Fat 135%
Total Fat 15g 23%
Saturated Fat 10g 50%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 90mg 30%
Sodium 180mg 8%
Total Carbohydrate 9g 3%
Dietary Fiber 6g 24%
Protein 6g 12%