Keto Strawberry Donuts
These Keto Strawberry Donuts are not only delicious, they are beautiful to look at. They are packed full of strawberry flavor and you will love them if you are craving fruit on your keto journey
Nutrition (per serving)
YIELD: 12|SERVING: 1|Calories: 221 | Fat: 20.3g| Fiber: 2.2g | Protein: 6g | Net Carbs: 2.8g
FOR THE DONUTS:
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Unflavored Protein Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 0.3oz Packet Sugar-Free Strawberry Jell-O Powder
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 2 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Erythritol
- 10 Strawberries
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Water
- 2 Egg Whites
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 4 Strawberries
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Swerve
- 2 Teaspoons Water
For the Donuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter or (or non stick spray) your donut pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, protein powder, baking powder and sugar free strawberry Jello-O powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add butter and cream cheese. Microwave for 30 seconds to melt, being careful to not burn the cream cheese. Stir well.
- Add sour cream, vanilla extract, and erythritol to the butter and cream cheese mixture. Stir well.
- In a blender, Puree strawberries, lemon juice, and water together until no lumps remain.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until very well combined. Then stir in the strawberry puree. Once combined, stir in egg whites until smooth.
- Scoop batter into a freezer sized Ziploc bag. Twist the end of the bag to remove air then cut off a lower corner, and pipe the batter into a buttered donut pan. You will need 12 donut molds total, so either two 6-donut pans or work in batches.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the donuts clean.
- Cool completely before removing from donut pan. Otherwise the donuts will crumble
For the Glaze:
- Put the strawberries, heavy whipping cream and water into the blender then puree. Pour into a small bowl and whisk in erythritol.
- Remove from blender and brush evenly across donuts. This glaze is more for extra flavor and moisture so it’s a little runny.